I saw these fabulous, ruby red raspberries at the market, and I couldn’t resist.
I had to make this Raspberry Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake! And this decadent coffee cake is a one heck of a doozy!
Fresh, lush raspberries always remind me of 2 things.
Summer and Valentine’s Day. 🙂
They are just so elegant and bursting with love!
So why not put them in a wonderful, delicious moist buttermilk coffee cake surrounded with mouth-watering swirls of cinnamon sugar, I ask myself?
It wasn’t hard to convince myself. *Shocker!* 🙂
It’s super amazing and has a wonderful texture!
The family will absolutely love this Lush Raspberry Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake! You may get lots of extra hugs and kisses too! Here’s the recipe! Happy Baking!
If you’re crushin’ on coffee cakes, you’ll love these too!
Lush Raspberry Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 2 cups All Purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar divide into 1 cup and a 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans optional
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease an 8 or 9 inch round spring-form pan or baking pan.
Raspberry Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, beaten egg, vanilla and oil and stir just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Pour half of the batter into pan and sprinkle with with 1/2 the raspberries, 1/2 the nuts and 1 cup of the cinnamon-sugar.
- Spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining raspberries, nuts and cinnamon-sugar.
- Using a knife, cut through the batter to swirl a few times.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Combine and whisk powdered sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency and drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
- Store in an airtight container.