These soft, thick, buttery, moist, cinnamon-sugar Home-made Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars are to die for! Very few ingredients and super easy to make. You'll wish you'd have made a second batch. Just sayin'...LOL!
Let me tell you upfront, it tastes exactly like your classic, old-fashioned Snickerdoodles Cookies you know so well.
It's definitely a family favorite, only these Snickerdoodles are in a yummy cinnamon cookie 'blondie bar' version!
So, what's missing why I should make these vs. snickerdoodle cookies??
It's a thing called "Time".
Basically, you are mixing up the cookie dough, spreading it into as 8x8 pan, sprinkling the top with the cinnamon-sugar, popping it into the oven and presto- you're baking!
Remember all that rolling of the dough into balls and then dipping each one into the cinnamon-sugar mixture? Yes, it's fun or boring, depending on the person (s) making them, but more than anything, it's kind of time consuming. (I love snickerdoodles, but I hate the whole process of rolling and rolling.)
If you are looking for 'simple jack' easy, but still want quality, these steps can be omitted, and now you've eliminated all that time involved rolling 2x.
Awe....Yeahhhh!!! Yippee! I love easy and simple!
This recipe has very few ingredients and has no leaveners!
So, no baking powder, baking soda, or cream of tartar is required but if you are one of those that just can't bear not adding it, just add ¼ teaspoon in already. 🙂 Some have said that snickerdoodles aren't snickerdoodles if you don't have cream of tartar!
Cream of tartar is also often added to baked goods to help activate baking soda. But we don't require cream of tartar, because we don't have any baking soda included in our recipe, so that's why we omitted it.
Besides, nothing else matters, because these bad boys are so moist and fudgy tasting!
If you love cinnamon flavor...
You'll love these Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars, these “Bisquick” Chocolate Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Banana Coffee Cake, this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Cream Cheese Glaze Included) and of course, this Sinful ‘Cinnabon’ Cinnamon Roll Cake! Who could resist? <3
Here's the recipe! Happy Baking!
Home-made Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 & ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using mixer, cream together butter and sugar until pale and light.
- And in salt, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add in flour and stir until no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Scoop thick dough into prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Stir together remaining 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle dough evenly with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until bars are set and the edges are just very lightly browned. Don't overbake! You want the cookies to be soft and moist.
- Cool in the pan before slicing.
- Store in sealed container to stay fresh! Bet they won't last long! 🙂