Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Covered Hazelnut Crisp Cheesecake Bites
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares 4.56 oz., Milk and Hazelnut Crisps, , broken into small pieces
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz. each, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dark Chocolate Coating
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers - 12 oz .
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9 inch square baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and melted butter in a small bowl well and press into baking pan. Add broken Ghirardelli Milk & Hazelnut Crisp Squares to the top of the crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add in slightly beaten eggs and vanilla and beat on low speed until just combined. Pour over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack and then freeze overnight.
- When ready to coat with chocolate, using microwave, melt dark chocolate wafers in 30 second increments, stirring in between increments until melted.
- Take cheesecake out of freezer and lift out of pan by pulling the sides of the foil up and out. Peel off any excess foil and cut cheesecake into 1 inch squares. Work with a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares in freezer until ready to dip.
- Using a fork on the bottom of the cheesecake square, one at a time, completely dip bites in melted chocolate, and using spoon in other hand, spoon chocolate on top to cover all spots, and allow excess to drip off and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Cheesecake anyone? You might like these!