BOOM! Who wants to help celebrate with these Funfetti Party Cookie Bars?
I don’t want to be the annoying ‘sweet tooth’ temptress over here, but I’ll go ahead and do my duty and present you with these really bomb bars!
They are just bursting with vibrant, colorful sprinkles, chocolate chips and vanilla chips within these buttery, golden brown cookie bars and they taste simply heavenly.
They’ll have you mesmerized with sprinkles galore!
So, I made these for my best friend, Stacey last week for her birthday. We went out to dinner to celebrate with our friends and I thought these would be perfect for her.
Why you ask? I thought…well, she could take them home and eat them all and keep them to herself, because it is HER birthday, right? (Sounds like the most obvious reason!)
OR…she could take them to work and share with her co-workers the next day OR…she could share with us after dinner! 🙂 Fortunately for us, she shared with us and the co-workers. I hope she stashed some back! (I definitely would!)
You might want to whip up some of these Funfetti Party Cookie Bars for YOUR bestie! Of course, don’t forget all the other friends and family that might like these!
Perfect for birthdays, celebrations, parties, holidays or whatever the occasion is, these will definitely make everything more fun and festive! (You can always change up the sprinkle colors to make it color coordinated for your special event!)
Funfetti Party Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar I used Zulka® Morena® Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles plus extra
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line z 9x13 pan with parchment paper or tinfoil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips, vanilla chips and sprinkles in, stirring with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated. Dough will be very thick.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly by dropping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and spread out with fingers or it helps to spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray. Dough will spread out while baking, so you don't have to get the corners and edges perfect.
- Sprinkle some extra chocolate chips and sprinkles to the top of the blondies.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- After bars have cooled, lift the parchment paper out and cut the bars.Makes 12-15 dozen bars depending how big you make them. Enjoy the party!