Hey there! Have I got a wonderful spring-summer inspired elegant dessert that requires just a little assembly and a few easy steps to pull it all together to get this Fluffy Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries?! Yay, we like! <3
Fluffy Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries is a luscious, 3 layer angel food cake stuffed with luscious fluffy, whipped cheesecake pudding filling and juicy, fresh berries adorned throughout. Then it’s topped with whipped cream and more berries and it’s ‘Awww’-Freaking-Mazing!
I’ve been wanting to make a scratch angel food cake and sponge cake, due to I don’t have any on the blog and because some of your have been asking for them as well. (thank you!) Don’t count me out though! I hope to accomplish this before the fall season steps into the picture, so I’ve got a few months of a window of opportunity here.
Ok, so the easy-to-make part, is you go to your local grocery store or bakery and purchase an angel food cake already baked. “Ahhh-Haaa!”, you say! That’s how it’s done! That cuts out about an hour of time when baking an angel food by scratch.
Slice through it evenly 2 times with a serrated or sharp knife, so you get 3 cake layers.
The rest is simple. All you need is cream cheese, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and berries. 🙂
Sometimes I make a very small commission, if you buy products I recommend on the blog, (see non-disclosure) which are products that I love and excited to share with you.
If you don’t have a cake stand, I purchased this Amazing Cake Multifunctional Serving and Cake Stand on Amazon that is so affordable, I couldn’t resist buying it! It’s only $21. 49 and free shipping. *STEAL*
It’s a 6 – in 1 cake & serving stand, it keeps baked goods moist & fresh. It’s made of durable crystal clear acrylic makes it lighter and much more difficult to break unlike traditional glass stand. You can take it to potlucks and don’t have to worry about it shattering like a glass stand if mishandled. It looks nice too!
* This Multi-Functional Cake Stand Showcases the Perfect Blend of Function and Design
* Cake Stand with Dome Cover
* Salad Bowl with 4 individual sections and large lettuce bowl
* Punch Bowl
* Chip ‘N Dip Plate
* Versatile multi-purpose serving piece. Useful and creative item for your kitchen
* Perfect for your families needs and moms with little ones who love to bake!
Check it out at least! You’ll see! And I frosted it with this Wilton Angled Icing Spatula for a whopping $5.39! Sweet Deals here!
So, ultimately, you’ll love this Fluffy Angel Food Cake Delight with Fresh Berries as a light, refreshing lush cake to serve and with Mother’s Day and the 4th of July coming up on the calendar, this dessert should totally be a part of the festivities, don’t you think? Yes!!!
Fluffy Angel Food Cake Delight with Fresh Berries
- 1 Angel Food Cake, already baked
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (3.4 oz) package Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups Milk, cold
- 2 cups Whipping Cream, whipped (4 cups whipped) or 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 cup Blueberries, fresh
- 1 cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, optional
Angel Food Cake:
- Slice through it evenly 2 times with a serrated or sharp knife, so you get 3 cake layers.
Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and dry pudding mixes in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Whisk milk into the cream cheese pudding filling and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Gently stir in 8 oz or 2 cups of Cool Whip or whipping cream, whipped (see notes if making fresh whipped cream.
Layering of cake, filling and berries
- Spread a layer of pudding mixture over cake and top with a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the filling and berries layers 2 more times with the cake slices (3 times total)
- Use remaining 2 cups of whipped cream (see notes) and frost the cake using a long spatula frosting knife (or leave the cake naked and it's optional if you want to add a dollop of whipped cream left over.
- Refrigerate for an hour, serve and keep leftovers in refrigerator covered.