Summer-time just makes me sooooo happy! Easy Caramel Cream Chocolate Poke Cake makes me sooooo happy too!
Happy-Happy! Joy-Joy! Thank you Ren & Stimpy! <—Do you remember?
This recipe is pretty simple. One yummy chocolate cake, caramel sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Oh. And you’ll need a refrigerator. Voila! Yay for summer! 😻
Poke cakes are wonderful for this time of season because they are refrigerated and they are refreshing to eat. I somewhat feel like a barbarian when I get around poke cakes. I get all territorial and basically shovel it into my mouth, looking pretty much like I said…A barbarian. A Poke Cake Barbarian at that! Ugh…
Well, it does sound a little better that I don’t use my hands to shovel it in with! I do have that going for me, at least.
I did something a little different this time. I made smaller poke holes (using a wooden skewer like you use for grilling kabobs, flat side poking into the cake, not the pointed side) instead of using the bottom of a wooden spoon, which makes larger holes. It saturated the cake even more by doing this. YUM!
Those heavenly caramel swirls on top! You can go as heavy or as light as you want when you pour that golden, caramel on top and make your swirly-doos!
This caramel soaked chocolate cake is so lush and delicious. The whipped cream topping gives it a lightness with swirls of infused caramel sauce heaven. It will literally melt in your mouth. It’ll have your tongue waggin’ for more! And ‘best part’ is, it’s super easy! Eating is right up there with ‘best part’.
Great summer treat after your dinner. Unless you eat dessert before dinner? Never!!!
Easy Caramel Cream Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix with ingredients called out, baked, but still hot/warm.
- 1 can Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 oz or 4 1/2 cups Whipped Cream Topping
- Caramel Sauce or Salted Caramel Sauce
- Bake cake as directed for 9x13 pan size. After transfering out of oven, poke holes all over cake with wooden skewer or by using handle of wooden spoon. Gradually pour the sweetened condensed milk all over to soak up in the holes in the cake.
- Place cake in fridge until cooled. Frost cake with whipped cream topping and then spoon caramel sauce on top of cake, then swirl around with butter knife for swirl effect.
- Serve and enjoy!