Creamy Home-made Mini Peanut Butter Cups are so quick and easy to make and that makes us happy as hell! Bring in the usual suspects. You know…Chocolate and Peanut Butter.
And since peanut butter cups are one of the most popular kinds of candy confection in America, it’s always good to have super simple recipes like these around.
We couldn’t wait to bite into a luscious, thick layered chocolate cups loaded with creamy peanut butter filling.
We even added some salted, roasted peanuts on top of some of them for a crunchy, sweet and salty pb cup explosion!
Aren’t they the cutest PB Truffles? These are gonna blow your mind.
It’s obvious, these mini treats are always welcome at any kind of party, birthdays, holidays, gifting, hoarding, freezing, ok, so the list is eternal, no?
Who would not be happy with receiving these from such a sweet friend? (That would be you, right?) Or making them for your family. (You again?) Well then, get on it! 🙂
Store these cups in the fridge when you don’t have your face in them. They are also perfect to serve on a tray or platter or in with a cookie or candy box that you might be making for a holiday or celebration.
Did I mention Mother’s Day is coming up?
Hey!! Make some Creamy Home-made Mini Peanut Butter Cups for MOM! Vegan & Sugar-Free Options also available!
Creamy Home-made Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter if you’re nut allergic you can substitute Sunbutter or your seed butter of choice.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar or vegan confectioners' sugar or sugar-free confectioners' sugar like Lakanto
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips We used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- ine a mini muffin tin with 24 mini candy liners.
- In a small bowl, using mixer, beat together the peanut butter, butter and confectioners' sugar to get a creamy peanut butter consistency for the filling. There should not be any lumps and smooth looking. Set aside.
- Put your chocolate chips or chunks and 1/2 cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for one minute, stir, and continue to cook in 30 second increments after the first round until it’s melted and smooth. (Usually takes 1 & 1/2 minutes in mine, but stir well to continue melting chocolate between each time increment as the chocolate is tempering.
- Drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into your candy liners. Then place some peanut butter in the middle of the chocolate, very gently pushing it down on top of the chocolate, but keeping from the sides of the liner. Then add another thick layer of chocolate on top to cover the peanut butter. The mixture should fill the liner to the top. Add peanuts on top and drizzle some more chocolate on top if you like!
- Place PB Cups in the fridge and let them set completely before serving (about two hours depending on your fridge temp). Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze. Makes 24 with Vegan & Sugar-Free Options YUM!