Are you ready for lip-smackin’ sinful delights? These Best Caramel-icious Frosted Brownies need to go to confession.
Seriously. You. Have. To. Go. There.
So chewy, so fudgy, these double chocolate (cocoaand chocolate chip) brownies are topped off with a to-die-for luscious, sweet rich Caramel Frosting, then a drizzle or 15 of salted caramel sauce, a sprinkle of buttery toffee bits and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips… and there you have killer freakin’ brownies.
I’m tellin’ ya.
These were a huge hit at the house and trust me, these will be a huge hit at your next party, special occasion or I’m sure you can completely be clever and come up with your own really good excuses. But ya know? Caramel and chocolate needs no explanation. (Psst…make ’em gluten free, you won’t know the difference.)
It’s understood! And deliciously, sinfully biteful!
Best Caramel-icious Frosted Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Orly's GF flour or flour of choice
- 2 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped, or ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings: Salted Caramel sauce drizzled toffee and mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper to lift out easily when brownies are cooled and spray with non-stick spray. (parchment paper should overhang a couple inches.)
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it’s a pale golden brown and the particles suspended in it are reddish brown approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder, sea salt and baking powder and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking until incorporated well.
- When the mixture looks thick and shiny, add the vanilla extract and the flour.
- Stir until you no longer see streaks of flour, then beat vigorously for 50 strokes with the wooden spoon or spatula.
- At this point, the mixture should be no more than slightly warm (if not, let it cool for a few more minutes). Fold in the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Spread the batter in the lined pan, then use a knife to make light swirls in the top of the batter. Bake on the lower rack for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Cool the brownies in the pan on a baking rack.
- Once the brownies are completely cool, lift the edges of the parchment paper and transfer the brownies to a cutting board.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and mix in cream and brown sugar. Boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and beat in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Cool slightly, and beat in the vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Add more cream if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour and frost brownies fast, frosting will thicken up and be hard to spread.
- Add some salted caramel sauce, toffee chips and mini chocolate chips.
- Use a sharp chef's knife to cut the brownies into 16 or 25 squares.
How you doooooin? Want some more sinful chocolate and caramel bitefuls?