Give it up my sweet friend! You cannot resist the temptation of Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread!!!
Once you start smelling that succulent apple fritter bread filling the house with that intoxicating, irresistible aroma while it’s baking. . .it’s pretty much over. You really never did had a chance. . . not even for a second…or two! Come to Mama!
Do you love Apple Fritters?
Have you ever had an apple fritter transformed into fluffy, buttery, white cake loaf with chunks of juicy apples and layers of brown sugar and cinnamon swirled inside and on top?
Drizzle with some old-fashioned creme glaze and devour with this Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread! It’s so moist, so delicious and full of home-made goodness straight from your heart, because why? Because YOU made it!
If you bake this, that’s exactly what you’ll get! *Lots of drooling and lots of happy smiles*
What’s nice about making this Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread is, you don’t have to be an expert baker. All you need is a 9×5 loaf pan to bake it in and it only takes 15-20 minutes to prepare and 60 minutes to bake.
Everyone will think you are an expert baker though, provided you follow the instructions as written! My all-time best tip is to not over-mix quick breads. If you want more tips, check out these “Secret” Baking Confessions for Quick Breads!
BTW…Better bake 2, one for them and one for yourself! Trust me on this one. It’s the perfect fall bread and it’s super addicting and I can say I told ya so. 🙂
Maybe it will inspire you to make some more breads, like this Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Pound Cake Loaf, this Lemon Limoncello Cake Loaf this Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread or even this Pumpkin Walnut Bread.
( This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy. )
Proudly, this Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread is the Most Popular Apple Recipe on Pinterest on Food Network and on Pinterest. It’s been pinned over a million times and has also been featured on Food Network’s ‘The Kitchen’ Show. If you haven’t seen me making this bread on Food Network, you can watch it on YouTube any time Season 20!
Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread
Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk room temp
Chopped Apple Mixture
- 2 large apples any kind, peeled and chopped small, but not fine. Then toss apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon just before adding it to the bread mixture.
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted. For more apple fritter style like the apple fritter donut- use more milk for a thinner glaze that you can pour over the whole loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine & whisk 1 & 1/2 cups flour and 1 & 3/4 teaspoons baking powder together in another bowl and set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat 2/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until blended in; add in 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and mix in.
- Add the flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter and continue mixing until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture with the sugar and cinnamon added in.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 to 3 tablespoons milk or cream together until well mixed. (Place mixture in microwave for 10 seconds to get it pourable if it needs a boost.)
- Let loaf rest in pan for about 15 minutes before removing from pan to let cool off completely on a cooling rack. Drizzle with glaze.
- If you want more glaze, make a double batch. 🙂
Next time I think I would add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too! (Of course!) Depending on thickness of glaze wanted, you can go for thick or thin. For a more apple fritter style like the apple fritter donut, use 3 tablespoons milk for a thinner glaze that you can pour and drench over the whole loaf and then make another batch again, using 1 tablespoon milk and then drizzle on top of the first glaze. Substitutions: I've also substituted this with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk of choice and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients. Vegan: Use flax eggs, earth balance and almond milk. Baking options: Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe (2 8x4 pans) 15-20 minutes for muffins 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf recipe (9x5 pan) CrockPot Express Tips below!
CrockPot Express Lovers!!
Here’s some tips from my baking co-worker friend Gerri Ruiz, if you want to use your CrockPot Express to make this bread!
- When adding the layers, layer in the opposite direction, starting with the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, then apple mixture, the bread batter and repeat by placing in a greased 6 cup Bundt pan.
- Put 1 cup water in pot and set the the Bundt pan on trivet.
- Close lid and close steam knob.
- Set to 40 minutes on “Dessert” function or if manual, set on low pressure and then use the QPR when done.
- Lift out with retriever tongs or something you don’t burn yourself with.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and place plate on top and turn cake onto plate. Glaze. 🙂