I’ve got a wonderful old-fashioned, delicious pie recipe for you, if you are a custard lover! This irresistible creamy,
If you want something a little different than your traditional pumpkin pie during the holidays, but want to keep it in the pumpkin category, you may want to try this!
And since I’m on the category of pies, other options that might tempt you is this dreamy Dark Chocolate Silk Pie, Amish Peanut Butter Cream Pie and we certainly must include this Marvelous Butterscotch Pie!
<3 OMG Pie Heaven!
Let’s go whip this up! It’s absolutely delicious!
Amish Country Pumpkin Custard Pie
- 1 9 " unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks beaten well with a whisk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3 egg whites beaten with a whisk, until frothy
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the beaten egg yolks, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin, sugar, salt and vanilla and set aside
- Heat milk to boiling point in a medium sauce pan. Remove from heat and add the pumpkin mixture stirring until well combined.
- Fold in beaten egg whites last and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 until pie is done, approx 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.