National S’mores Day is August 10! A S’more is a delicious, ooey-gooey, all-American-treat, smooshed together, consisting of delicious milk chocolate, crisp graham crackers and toasted marshmallows.
Delicious Gooey Bliss! *Swoon!*
ChocolaTess Trivia! True Fact: S‘mores have brought families together around the fire since the recipe was first published in the Girl Scouts handbook in 1927.
S’mores are just one of those things we all love and will never outgrow. Whether it be S’more dessert, dip, cake, pie, bar, cookie, shake, ice cream, (and so on…) we love it in any form, even with other additions!
I saw these S’more cookies on Pinterest *really?* and I knew from the recipe that I would like to make these cutie pa-tooties. I’m so glad I did! I got the recipe from Jen (and her adorable french bulldog-so cute!) at Carls Bad Cravings.
These S’More cookies are wickedly, deliciously, wicked! 😉
The campfire is in your oven, if you don’t happen to have the campfire outside. I guarantee you will not regret making these campfire or not! I made them for my family, my daughter’s boyfriend and my niece going off to college and they all loved them.
Here’s the recipe! xoxo
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars, broken
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cream together butter and sugars; mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt and mix together until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons or large ice cream/cookie scoop onto cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done, about 2-3 minutes.