Came up with this fluffy, decadent Supreme Chocolate Rolo S’mores Ice Cream when I was craving some creamy, chocolate home-made ice cream the other day. Then I started reminiscing about my chocolate ice cream memories and I couldn’t wait to share all this with you.
Since I adore S’mores, why not add in some fluffy marshmallow cream and graham cracker bits to the ice cream too. Ahem…I didn’t stop there. I chopped up some Rolos’ as well. OMG! Talk about a sinful combination!!!
My favorite ice cream of all time is good ol’ chocolate and any goodies you can chop into it, top it off with or swirl in it. I love it when it’s partially melted the best. It’s such a wonderful, decadent treat for summer. (But in my case, any time of the year works…are you like this too?)
Over time, here are 3 of my favorite childhood memories of Chocolate Ice Cream. (P.S. — I ate alot of it!!)
#1. I can remember going to my Uncle Just and Aunt Bea’s. They had a dairy farm and we would have vanilla ice cream and add lots of Hershey’s syrup to it, which made it chocolate ice cream, because I would let it melt and stir it up like a rich, chocolate malt! Yum!
#2 Going to the Flagpole! Every Sunday, my Dad and Mom would take the whole family to the Flagpole to get frozen custard after a round of golf. I always got a scoop of chocolate custard and a scoop of orange sherbert or lemon custard in a cone. It was the best!
#3. Going to the Root Beer stand with girlfriends and getting a Rocky Road Ice Cream Cone after a spanish hot dog, fries and a frosty root beer. Rocky Road is the bomb!
This is a super, easy recipe. Anyone can make it and it doesn’t require an ice cream machine. Just a freezer. 🙂 Fluffy marshmallow, golden graham cracker bits and Rolo bits that taste like crunchy, chocolate covered toffee until they soften, all in a luscious, creamy chocolate ice cream just waiting for you to devour it!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did…Yea..me, and me alone and my Supreme Chocolate Rolo S’mores Ice Cream. Told ya, it’s my favorite.
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 cups or 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped rolo cups, chop into small bits
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
- 1 cup graham crackers, broken into small bits
- You will need a 9x5 loaf pan.(line with foil if you want to take ice cream out of container.)
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until you have stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and chocolate syrup until mixed very well.
- Add in the 2/3 cup of the chopped rolos and 2/3 cup of graham crackers to the sweetened condensed/chocolate mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and fold in until well combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan, then add 3/4 cup marshmallow cream on top. (To soften the marshmallow cream, put in microwave for 15-20 seconds or more if needed so it's somewhat pourable.)
- Pour other half of chocolate mixture in and add the rest of marshmallow cream on top.
- Add the rest of the graham crackers and rolos and swirl mixture with knife within the loaf pan.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight, until firm.
- This mixture will be all the way to the top of the container. So if you are using a smaller container, you will need another container.
- Rolo Tip: You can also leave out of recipe and add Rolo bits to ice cream after dipped out. I like both ways.
Other Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes I am swooning over!
Vegan Recipe – Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream @ One Hundred Dollars A Month
Rocky Road Ice Cream @ The Cilantropist
Midnight Chocolate Ice Cream @ Promised Land Dairy