Happy Summer-Time! Finally! WootWoot!!!
Need to cool down after a tough workout or a hot day at the beach?
Affiliate links are used in this post with products I truly love that I use and recommend –you might love them too! This is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own. xoxo
Did you even know we had dark chocolate almond milk? Well we do!! This Silk Almond Milk is only 100 calories per cup and it’s super delicious! Especially in smoothies!
We drink almond milk all the time. I started drinking it about 10 years ago. My husband can’t have dairy and so I finally broke down, tried it and haven’t looked back.
This decadently, thick drink can even satisfy your desire for ice cream!
Did you know that Chia Seeds are a super food!?
Some of chia seeds top 10 ten benefits includes weight loss, healthy omega-3 oil, energy-booster, extremely high in anti-oxidants, supports the digestive tract function and the balances blood sugar.
Chia Seeds & How to prepare!
- To soak the chia seeds, place in a jar or small bowl and add 4 tablespoons water for every tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- The seeds and water will be become gelatinous.
- The measure of 1 tablespoon includes the seeds and the gelatinous liquid that coats them after soaking.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of seeds with the gooey liquid and place in a blender with your smoothie.]
For more information about chia seeds —-> go here!
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1 banana frozen/chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon soaked chia seeds 1 teaspoon dry unsoaked
- Crushed ice
Using a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients, (except chia seeds, if unsoaked) until nice and smooth starting with milk and then blend until smooth and creamy.
Add ice if you want more of a frozen smoothie.
Add more almond milk if needed.
Add chia seeds, if unsoaked or soaked and mix in with smoothie.