Are you a lemon fan?
This fantastic Lemon Burst Poke Cake is very light, tangy and refreshing. Are you hooked yet? I was after I took my first bite, which turned into 2 pieces, and had to literally s t o p myself before I ate the whole cake!
Luckily I had
family partners-in-crime to help assist me!
Lemon flavor is bursting through the cake because I used both Lemon Curd & lemon pudding.
Top it with some Cool Whip. The whipped cream adds more lightness to the cake and it is SO luscious. I’ve also done it where I’ve taken 2 cups of whipping cream with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and a tablespoon of vanilla extract and whipped it to a creamy whipped topping. Yum!! (that’s my favorite!)
The curd is totally worth making. I might add, even make it ahead of time! It’s super, super easy to make. It can be used in so many recipes and it’s absolutely yummy, tart and refreshing! Stock up on it for summer. 🙂
This Lemon Burst Poke Cake is great for any BBQ, Potluck, Special Event and it reminds of sunshine and summer time. Summer is here! Here’s the recipe! Enjoy! xoxo
Got the lemon love? xoxo
- 1 White Cake, baked in a 9x13 pan
- 1 1/3 cup Lemon Curd
- 2 boxes Lemon pudding (dry mix)
- 2 cups cold milk or vanilla almond milk
- 1 - 8 oz Regular or Fat-Free Cool Whip
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Remove from oven. Poke holes down through cake with round handle of wooden spoon. Holes should be at 1-inch intervals.
- Combine the pudding mix and milk together and beat as directed on package. Combine the curd into the pudding and mix until smooth and pour on top of poked cake and smooth layer.
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes or until pudding has set.
- Spoon whipped cream of choice over top of cake and smooth out.
- To make fresh home-made: Whip whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy and whipped like whipped cream.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 24 squares. Store in refrigerator.
- If curd has been in fridge, warm up just a tad in the microwave like 20 seconds to make it easier to whip into the pudding.