Easy Dreamy Oreo Chocolate Cream Pie is one recipe you’ll want to come back to over and over!
Why?? Several reasons!!
First of all, it’s super easy to make and can be ready in 5 – 10 minutes with a pre-made OREO crust, unless you want to make your own OREO crust, which would take a few extra minutes, especially if you don’t have a pre-made OREO crust on hand. <—Included in the directions in the recipe below.
Secondly, this goes along with the first of all comment–OREOs!!!…who doesn’t love OREOs?
NO one that I know of!
Thirdly…It’s made with an instant chocolate pudding, which lets the pie set up really quick, especially, if you need to make a fast dessert.
You can use brands like Hershey’s, Jell-O or Godiva. You probably have one or more of these in your pantry already, I’m guessing! And if chocolate isn’t your thing, use whatever flavor of pudding you love!
And Lastly! Fluffy, whipped cream and broken up rich OREOs on top…Heart be still! <3
I did use Cool Whip on this particular pie, because it was meant to be a fast pie. I put the whipped cream in a pastry bag and piped it on top to make my whipped cream look pretty, but it’s ok just to slather it on top and smooth it out some and then just add your OREO bits.
I usually make my own whipped cream in most of my dessert recipes when it’s needed and if you want to do that too, you can easily make your own whipped cream. It only takes a few minutes to whip it up if you do <—Included in the directions in the recipe below.
All you need is some whipping cream, powdered sugar and some vanilla and voila!
These kind of tempting pudding pie desserts don’t stay around for very long. They are deemed family favorites and it’s no wonder! 🙂
- Chocolate OREO pie crust
- 1 5.9 oz box Chocolate instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip, (or 12 oz. if you want more whipped cream on top)
- 5-6 Oreos, broken up into bits
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until combined, then fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip. Pudding will be thick.
- Transfer the filling into the pie crust.
- Put the remaining Cool Whip into a Ziplock bag, snip end and use a star tip to create swirls on top.
- Add Oreo bits
- Put in freezer or refrigerator before serving.
- 25 Oreo Cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together with a fork. Press crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Using mixer, whip whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until you get a whipped cream consistency, stiff peaks.
Want more pie action? Here ya go!