Banana and Peanut Butter both have distinct flavors and they pair together so deliciously! The combination always reminds me of Elvis “The Pelvis” Presley! *hubba-hubba!*
And there’s good reason for that…
“ChocolaTess” Trivia: The peanut butter and banana sandwich has been referred to as a favorite of Elvis Presley. Sometimes crisp bacon was added in! It’s no wonder, people go ga-ga over this sweet little number!
Which I’m kind of rethinking this whole banana bread recipe NOW and adding in the bacon, either as a topping or inside the banana bread. 😉 Always rethinking! and thinking some more…it’s a vicious cycle in my head.
So just to clue you in on a few details about this classic banana bread, it’s SO moist, light and fluffy…seriously! It has cream cheese in the batter. I’m telling you, it’s “to die for”…and just about when you are ready to do the ‘die for’ thing, there’s this Peanut Butter Streusel baked in on top of the bread. Are you kidding me??
Oh, and I did add in some Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chips into the mix as well. Don’t judge! It just sounded good! You can leave them out if you want. You could even add in some walnuts if that’s your thing…OR bacon. I sprinkled powdered sugar on the muffins. YUM!
You should make this! My husband is not a banana bread, muffin kind of guy and I was shocked that he ate several, while I was sleeping.
#himthinkingIwouldntnotice #whichIalwaysdo #Ijustknow #youcantfoolmemylove!
But I guess you could say he really liked them. He says he’s not a peanut butter person either, but I keep finding his hand in the cookie jar…eating peanut butter stuff. He’s not very convincing, is he?
Here’s the recipe! xoxo! Enjoy!
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- MIX flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add bananas and eggs; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan and/or muffin tins.
- Make streusel by combining the flour and brown sugar In a small bowl.
- Cut in the butter and peanut butter with a pastry blender or fork so the mixture resembles small peas.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the batter
- Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe, 15-20 minutes for muffins or 1 hour, 10 minutes for one full loaf recipe or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- If necessary, shield the top with foil for last 15 mins to prevent browning.
- Cool completely.
- Big recipe! This makes 2 loaves, so you can split them up into 12 muffins and a bread loaf, or just muffins or just 2 loaves.
- This bread rocks!!!!